Use book: Financial+&+Managerial+Accounting+13th+Ed
1. What distinguishes a merchandising business from a service business?
2. Can a business earn a gross profit but incur a net loss? Explain.
3. The credit period during which the buyer of mer-chandise is allowed to pay usually begins with what date?
4. What is the meaning of (a) 1/15, n/60; (b) n/30; (c) n/eom?
5. How are sales to customers using MasterCard and VISA recorded?
6. What is the nature of (a) a credit memo issued by the seller of merchandise, (b) a debit memo issued by the buyer of merchandise?
7. Who bears the freight when the terms of sale are (a) FOB shipping point, (b) FOB destination?
8. Name three accounts that would normally appear in the chart of accounts of a merchandising business but would not appear in the chart of accounts of a service business.
9. Audio Outfitter Inc., which uses a perpetual in-ventory system, experienced a normal inventory shrinkage of $13,675. What accounts would be deb-ited and credited to record the adjustment for the inventory shrinkage at the end of the accounting period?
10. Assume that Audio Outfitter Inc. in Discussion Question 9 experienced an abnormal inventory shrinkage of $98,600. Audio Outfitter Inc. has decided to record the abnormal inventory shrink-age so that it would be separately disclosed on the income statement. What account would be debited for the abnormal inventory shrinkage?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more