Assignment 1: ANCOVA in SPSS
DUE 7/21/19 8 P.M EST
ORIGINAL & ON TIME WORK!
APA & GRAD LEVEL
DATA & TEMPLATE ATTCHED
Earlier this week, you practiced using ANCOVA models with SPSS and, ideally, used the Collaboration Lab to ask, answer, and otherwise address any questions you had. In this Assignment, you apply what you learned to answer a social research question using ANCOVA. Hopefully you are not yet tired of comparing means!
· Review the datasets provided.
· Construct a research question based on one of those datasets.
· Pay attention to the assumptions of this test, and ask, “Does it make sense to interpret the mean of this dependent variable?”
Use SPSS to answer the research question you constructed. Then, compose a 1- to 2-paragraph analysis in APA format in which you answer the following questions:
1. What is the null hypothesis for your question?
2. What research design(s) would align with this question?
3. What dependent variable was used and how is it measured?
4. What independent variable is used and how is it measured?
5. What is your covariate?
6. What is the answer to your research question?
7. What are the possible implications of social change?
NOTE FROM PROFESSOR)
Be sure to include your data output with your analysis. See pages 713 and 714 in your Warner textbook for an excellent APA-compliant write-up of an ANCOVA.
To help address the null and alternative hypothesis for this week I have provided an example below. Just like the ANOVA, the ANCOVA also requires 3 null’s and 3 alternative hypotheses. Here is an example:
IV – the study site (categorical)
Covariate – plant size
DV – mean ovule number per flower (continuous)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more