Article 9 of the Constitution of Singapore states that:
An arrested person has the following rights guaranteed under the Constitution:
(1) to be deprived of his life or liberty only if according to law;
(2) if the detention is unlawful, to apply to the High Court to secure release;
(3) to be informed of the grounds of his arrest as soon as may be;
(4) to be allowed to consult and be defended by a legal practitioner of his choice;
(5) if he is not released, he must without unreasonable delay and in any case within 48 hours (excluding the time for any necessary journey) be produced before a Magistrate who shall decide if he should be further detained.
List 3 examples of case laws in Singapore (one case for each particular right) or any existing Statutes (laws passed by Parliament) where it appears that such 3 rights were not guaranteed as stated in the Constitution. What (if any) recommendations would you make with regard to legal reform (i.e. making the law more just and fair)?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more