Assignment 3 – Observations on the Paragraphs
List all the possible observations that are indicated in chapter 4. Then identify as many observations as you can in your passage: John 5:19-34. https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+5&version=ESV
· General to Specific and Specific to General – Find the general statements that are followed by specific examples or applications of the general. Also find specific statements that are summarized by a general one.
· Questions & Answers – Note if the text is built on question-and-answer format
· Dialogue – Note if the text includes dialogue. Identify who is speaking and to whom.
· Purpose/Result Statements – these are more specific type of “means,” often telling why. Purpose and result are similar and sometimes indistinguishable. In a purpose statement, you usually can insert the phrase “in order that.” In a result clause, you usually can insert the phrase “so that.”
· Means (By Which Something Is Accomplished) – Note if a sentence indicates that something was done by means of someone/something (answers “how?”). Usually you can insert the phrase “by means of” into the sentence.
· Conditional Clauses – A clause can present the condition by which some action or consequence will result. Often such statements use an “if…then” framework (although in English the “then” is often left out).
· The Actions/Roles of People – Identify actions or roles that the text ascribes to people or encourages people to do/be
· the Actions/Roles of God – Identify the actions or roles that the text ascribes to God
· Emotional Terms – Does the passage use terms that have emotional energy, like kinship words (“father”, “son”) or words like “pleading”?
· Tone – What is the overall tone of the passage: happy, sad, encouraging, and so on?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more