Assignment: Boiling and Melting Points Exploration
Analysis and Conclusions
1. Looking at the line plots on your graph, describe how boiling point and melting point vary with respect to atomic number.
2. Now look at the segment of the graph between the two data points marked with black squares. Describe how the boiling point and melting point plots behave between these points. Be as specific as possible.
3. On your graph, the data points between the black squares are data for elements with atomic numbers 3 through 9. Locate these elements on your periodic table. What term or description would you use to identify these elements with respect to the periodic table?
4. Now look at the green lines you created by connecting the three boiling point data points and the three melting point data points. For each of these lines, describe any trends you see.
5. Locate the elements on your periodic table that you circled in green on your graph. What term or description would you use to identify these elements with respect to the periodic table?
6. After reviewing your answers to questions 2 and 4 above, would you define boiling point and melting point as a periodic table family trend (vertical groups), period trend (horizontal rows), or neither? Explain your answer.
7. Using the room temperature line (orange line) and your periodic table, make lists that identify the state of matter (gas, liquid, or solid) in which each element you plotted exists at room temperature. Explain your answers.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more