CASE STUDY COMMENTARY
· Individual written task in Harvard style format, cover page, Table of Contents, text alignment and Reference list.
· The student must build a coherent discussion or argument in essay format, analyzing theories and models. Ethical theories, legal cases and case studies may be referred to when providing examples. Cite all sources.
· Students must write in complete sentences and develop paragraphs. No bullet points are allowed. Provide spacing between the sentences.
· Prepare and Introduction, Body, and Conclusion paragraphs.
· Sources must be used, identified, and properly cited.
· Format: PDF submitted through Turnitin
· The answers should analyse the following based on the case study provided below:
1. Explain the concept of intellectual property.
2. Explain to Carmen why it would be a good idea for her to take out a patent on her invention. How could she do this?
3. How could Carmen also protect her intellectual property rights regarding the children’s books?
4. Explain an intellectual property dispute regarding copyright infringement regarding song lyrics or literary works.
5. Carmen is contacted by a customer who states that a number of the cooking utensils have broken while he was eating and on the last occasion
cut his mouth so badly he had to have stiches. Do you believe Carmen could be sued for negligence?
Provide a developed answer, citing a legal case/s in support of your position.
6. Identify and analyse what Carmen can do if she believes the other company has copied her design.
Submission: Week 13 – Via Moodle by Sunday, 9 May 2021 before 23:59. cccc
• Word count: 1000-1500
• Cover, Table of Contents, References and Appendix are excluded of the total word count.
• Font: Arial 11 pts.
• Text alignment: Justified.
• The in-text References and the Bibliography must be in Harvard’s citation style.
Weight: This task is worth 40% of your overall grade for this subject.
Outcomes: This task assesses the following learning outcomes:
– LO1: understand the role of ethics in a business.
– LO2: identify ethical issues in the decision-making process.
– LO3: identify and analyze the available ethical theories to support a business decision.
Carmen has spent the last three years working on creating an environmentally friendly washing-up liquid and cooking utensils to help reduce people’s negative impact on the environmental. The cooking utensils are made from sustainably sourced pinewood. She plans to call her brand CleanStart*. Carmen has also written a number of children’s books introducing the importance of “Starting Clean” from a young age.
Given consumer interest in using green products, Carmen’s inventions have been very successful. So much so that they are sold in major stores and have become the brand for sustainable cleaning products. Moreover, as the products gained more recognition so did the demand for Carmen’s Eco education children’s books, expanding to CleanStart* activity books / online games and stationary.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more