Read the Study Questions “Modern Art Midterm” to get an idea of the homework. this folder will give you an explanation of how to answer the quiestions. read the articles attached. then, answer the five questions below:
1. Describe how the concept of the sublime in Charles Baudelaire’s “The Painter of Modern Life” relates to realism/impressionism in early modern painting. What role does the metaphor of “the child” play in his theories on realism?
2. Explain what Hermann Bahr means when he writes about the concept of “seeing” in his essay “Expressionism.” How does he use Impressionism to strengthen his argument for expressionistic painting?
3. Describe how simultaneity is conveyed in both Cubist and Futurist painting. How does the depiction of time differ between the two art movements?
4. Using the theories of composition by Piet Mondrian, explain why painting must purify itself into a purely abstract form.
5. What does Clement Greenberg mean when he writes “the imitation of imitating,” and how does this phrase relate to abstract paintings of the avant-garde?
Each question should be answered individualy in a short Comprehensive Essay format. that includes:
(I.) references to the readings (quotations or comprehensive use of paraphrasing are best), (II.) explanations of any reading references, and (III.) examples of artworks used in discussion. In reference to this third category, you should provide the titles of artworks and describe details in these examples that bear out the theory in the readings.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more