Bobby was hospitalized 6 days ago for appendicitis. After an appendectomy following a perforated appendix, he now has an open incision requiring BID dressing changes and contact isolation due to a hospital acquired MRSA infection. It is anticipated that he will be here for 5-10 more days for long term antibiotic therapy and wound care. He is 13 years old. He has been afebrile for 24 hours. The wound is open with minimal serious drainage.
He is withdrawn and relates “just tired” when you inquire about how he is this morning. Last week he shared his interest in school. Gets A’s in math, computer science and was supposed to be competing in the school science fair this week.
1. What do you know about the adolescent and the appropriate developmental level?
2. Keeping his diagnosis in mind, what about visitation?
3. Is socialization a need?
4. What other questions should you ask?
Link to preoperative Teaching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbROzYua5V8
1. What stage of development is this child in?
2. What are the potential adverse outcomes for a child who doesn’t solve the crisis in this stage of development?
3. Describes THREE nursing considerations with rationales keeping in mind client-centered care regarding communication, play, and fear for Bobby during this hospitalization.
4. Describes THREE questions the nurse should ask Bobby that are written as the nurse would say them and developmentally appropriate.
5. Based on the information in the Discussion the student correctly identifies ONE nursing diagnosis (and all required parts) AND identifies ONE goal written in the SMART format.
6. The paper is At LEAST 500 words and less than 600 words.
7. The student uses peered review scholarly articles and lists all references in text and in the reference page.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more