Social media and its use have major implications in the business ethics arena.
Read the case study: Social Networking and Social Responsibility (pp. 410-417) and address the questions found on pp.416-417
Questions for Discussion
1. What are the benefits and risks associated with a company’s use of social networking?
2. Are there any significant differences between a company’s use of social networking technologies and an individual use?
3. As a social media user, are you concerned that your information is tracked for “advertising” purposes? Why or why not?
4. Compare IBM’s private social network Blue Pages with a public social- networking site like Twitter or Facebook. Do you think user information is any safer on Blue Pages? Why or why not?
5. What responsibilities do companies have regarding private company social- networking sites? 6. Do you think it’s right for companies to collect and analyze user data from social- networking sites in order to influence consumers? Why or why not?
Case Study Assignment guidelines:
The answers to the case study questions should be included in double-spaced Word document and contain in-text APA citations and a References page.
Make sure you refer to the grading rubric for this assignment
The assignment is due by 11:59 pm on Sunday.
Our Writing Center team is always ready to help. Click on the link to get started or you can contact them by sending an email to [email protected]
Grading Criteria – Unit 6 Social Networking and Social Responsibility
Thoroughly addresses case study questions. No more than 15% of the submission is direct quote. Student relies on summary and paraphrase to demonstrate understanding of material.
Contains no grammatical or mechanical errors
Submission is no fewer than 500 words INCLUSIVE of questions and references.
Includes APA-formatted in-text citations and References page. REQUIRED.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more