Contemporary Issues surrounding the Management of the Global Airline Industry Today
Industry Chosen: Airline Industry
Industry Group: Transportation
Word Count: 2000 words
Knowledge outcome – be able to synthesize and critically examine a range of contemporary issues in management from a variety of theoretical and practical perspectives
Intellectual/transferable skills outcome – be able to apply evidence-based research and demonstrate criticality (independent thinking) to a wide range of issues in Business and Management and make recommendations for organisations and Continuing Professional Development
Your assessment for this module takes the form of a 2,000 word management report:
You are required to prepare a management report that applies horizon scanning techniques (trends, data analysis, sources and critical thinking) to examine an industry of your choice.
Industry chosen – AIRLINE INDUSRRTY: You will need to identify the relevant contemporary issues that affect that industry.
Industry Group: Transportation
· Which enabling technologies and innovations are making more impact on that industry?
· How is the industry coping/ thriving/ frightened and provide 2 to 3 specific examples?
· What are the drivers and dimensions covered by each topic (see below) for the industry?
o Future of consumption
o Future of enterprise
o Future of work
· What are the management implications of changes in these areas? How could or should managers act? What examples are there good and/or bad decisions?
· Finally, what are your views about how these changes will impact you and your career in that industry? Given what you know, what is the contribution you could make to the industry?
Overall the focus of the report is an examination, in depth, of the relationships between issues and management. Be specific by providing examples. Use a wide range of sources. Provide a view about how it affects you and what you can contribute to an organisation in that industry given your knowledge.
The grading criteria and their weighting for the Assignment are as follows:
1. Content, breadth and relevance of reading/ data sources/ theory 25%
2. Level of critical analysis/ application of horizon scanning techniques 35%
3. Conclusions/ discussion/ impact on industry and career 30%
4. Presentation, clarity, structure, grammar, correct referencing 10%
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more