Must post first.
Please post thoughtful responses and comments to the following questions.
1. Define ethnocentrism and cultural relativism in your own words. Why is the cultural relativity so important in studying cultures other than one’s own?
2. Explain Erving Goffman’s major ideas of the presentation of self and impression management. How do you engage in the presentation of self in everyday life situations and manage your images to others?
3. Make list important statuses in your own life. Indicate whether each one is ascribed or achieved. Do you see any connections between ascribed and achieved statuses? Explain using examples.
4. Culture shock can often occur when you encounter a culture or subculture that is very different from your own. Please share an example of culture shock that you have experienced? Why do you think you felt this way? How can we overcome culture shock?
5. Define self-fulfilling prophecy. Think of a self-fulfilling prophecy that you’ve experienced. Based on this experience, do you agree with the Thomas theorem? Use examples from current events to support your answer.
6. What values, norms, symbols, and material objects are unique to military life? Which aspects of these are shared with civilian life?
Use APA parenthetical citations in your text and include a reference list at the end of your post. When you refer to and/or discuss any resources, you need to include a citation for that source. For more information on APA style, go to: https://sites.umgc.edu/library/libhow/apa_examples.cfm
Original question response posts should be a minimum of 250-300 words, and replies to others should each be a minimum of 75-100 words.
You must start a thread before you can read and reply to other threads
OpenStax Introduction to sociology chapter 3 and 4
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more