WRTG 391 students,
This discussion thread is designed to further help you see how a synthesis of sources essay, or literature review, is organized.
Please download the sample literature from the 100-level psychology class.
Please note that this literature review is more informal than the one on the CSI effect by Maeder and Corbett that you read last week. You will notice a level of informality in its tone and language. In addition, it is not perfect in its synthesis of sources. Moreover, the author cites only six sources throughout the review. Overall, this is a literature review written for a 100-level class. Please keep in mind that you literature review might not be as sophisticated as the one by Maeder and Corbett. Nonetheless, it provides a helpful demonstration of how one can analyze studies, synthesize sources, and divide a review into categories.
Please answer the following questions:
1. In the introduction, what is the thesis statement for this paper?
2. In the section entitled “Influence of Mood on Eating Behavior,” does the writer ever give her own opinion? If you think so, point out where she does.
In this section, the author mentions limits to the study by Oliver and Wardle. What are the limits of this study, according to the writer?
3. Throughout the paper, does the author ever advocate for programs or other steps to be taken for the problem she describes in the paper?
4. In the section “Influence of Eating Behavior on Later Moods,” the writer cites only one source. If you were to give her advice on this section, what advice might you give her to help her develop it more effectively? Feel free to search in the library databases for articles on this topic or to suggest key words for her to search on.
5. As a result of having read this article, please write a few sentences about what you might have learned about synthesizing sources.
part 2: Write your idea/title/topic/thesis in the center of a piece of paper. Draw a circle around it. For the purposes of this exercise, you will use the topic of your Literature Review.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more