1) Assume you are hired by the The United Nations Children’s Fund as a development economist. Your assignment is to travel to Sudan (a resource-rich, agricultural, and poverty-stricken country) to write a report about the extent of poverty and propose policies that can help reduce poverty. Your assignment is two fold: (a) to analyze the economic and social reasons why some people of this rich country are poor; and (b) to develop a set of policy measures that could help reduce poverty and improve income distribution.
2) Assume the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) has hired you as a development economist. Your assignment is to travel to Jamaica, where people living in rural areas rush to migrate to the capital city of Kingston. Write a report on causes of rural-urban migration and propose policies that can help reduce such a massive movement of population. Your assignment is twofold: (a) to analyze the economic and social reasons why rural people of this country are leaving their hometowns and villages; and (b) to develop a set of policy measures that could help reduce rural-urban migration.
Important Instructions FOR two questions:
Write a detailed essay of about 500 words to answer each question based on textbook reading. Write the beginning and ending page numbers of the textbook at the outset of your answer.
1. Present the Todaro’s model of rural-urban migration. What are the expected benefits and costs of migration? What are the economic and non-economic factors that influence the migration decision? What is the determinant of the migration decision? What policies would you recommend to reduce rural-urban migration?
2. What does the Lorenz Curve illustrate? What does the Gini Index measure? How do you illustrate improved income distribution using the Lorenz Curve? How does improved income distribution affect the Gini Index? Give examples of countries that were able to improve income distribution.
3. Describe the Kuznets’ Inverted-U hypothesis of income distribution. Use the empirical evidence (both cross-country and time-series) to examine the validity of this hypothesis. Argue why the historical development experience of the MDCs do not apply to the development challenges facing today’s LDCs.
4. To what extend the Third World women contribute to economic development? How can improvement in the economic and social status of women contribute to economic development? Use your country-study assignment as a case study for the role of women in economic development.
For each question, write a detailed essay of about 300 words to answer each question based on textbook reading. Write the beginning and ending page numbers of the textbook at the outset of your answer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more