When teaching mathematics to students with mild to moderate disabilities, a special education teacher will often teach in different learning environments. One of the environments may be in an inclusive or mainstream classroom, where the teacher will collaborate and co-teach with the general education teacher. In this position, the teacher will need to work with the general education teacher to provide expertise to ensure students with disabilities are fully integrated into the classroom instruction.
Allocate at least 3 hours in the field to support this field experience.
Actively observe, interview, and collaborate with the mentor teacher, paraeducator, or aid who currently teaches math in a middle school classroom (Grades 6-8), about collaboration in the inclusive/mainstream classroom.
Your observations should address the following:
· Roles of special education teachers, general education teachers, and students with disabilities in the inclusive setting
· Opportunities to demonstrate leadership while collaborating in each specified role
· Leadership opportunities to collaborate outside of the classroom, for each specified role
· Collaboration models that have been successful for each teacher, taking into consideration student needs
· Ways to create and maintain safe, inclusive, and culturally responsive learning environments to engage individuals with disabilities in meaningful learning activities and social interaction
· Advantages and disadvantages of collaborating while teaching math
Use any remaining field experience hours to assist the teacher in providing instruction and support to the class.
In 250-500 words, summarize and reflect upon your conversations, observations, and instructional experiences. Explain how you will use your findings in your future professional practice.
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more