earning Goal: I’m working on a nursing report and need a sample draft to help me learn.
This assignment will be uploaded automatically to Turnitin upon submission to verify this is your original work and no parts were copied from another student.
Turnitin is now more closely integrated with Canvas. To submit your assignment to Turnitin, follow the steps provided.
- Click the orange Submit Assignment button at the top of the page to open the upload window.
- Under the File Upload tab, click on Browse to select your assignment file you want to upload.
- Check the box to agree to the Turnitin End-User License Agreement.
- Click Submit Assignment.
- Your Turnitin report will be visible in the Assignment Details or Grades section of your course.
Please refer to the documentation available on the Turnitin Resource page.
- Submitting Assignments to Turnitin explains how to submit an assignment with Turnitin enabled.
- Understanding Turnitin Similarity Reports shows how to access, view, and understand a Turnitin similarity report.
- Reviewing Graded Turnitin Assignments shows how to view feedback and similarity score reports on a graded Turnitin assignment.
Please contact your instructor if you have any questions.
Note: Chamberlain Programs may vary in usage of Turnitin features and grading options.
The purpose of the iCARE Paper assignment is to explore the concept of interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Nursing supportive actions of compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice will serve as a way to apply care concepts.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
- CO 1: Applies principles of nursing, theories, and the care philosophies to self, colleagues, individuals, families, aggregates and communities throughout the healthcare system. (PO 1)
- CO 6: Plans clinical practice activities that integrate professional nursing standards in accordance with the Nursing Code of Ethics and the American Nurses’ Association (ANA) standards of practice. (PO 6)
The assignment is worth 200 points.
Submit your completed assignment by Sunday end of Week 5 by 11:59 p.m. MT.
- Please review the infographic as way to guide you in getting started with your assignment: Developing an Assignment with Integrity (Links to an external site.)
- View a short tutorial with tips for completing this assignment: iCARE Paper Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
- Getting Started: Interprofessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting).
- For this assignment, consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes.
- Look to your current workplace as an example. (If you are not currently employed, look to a past workplace or clinical practice area.)
- Apply the components of the iCARE concept to interprofessional teams in a short paper. (Body of the paper to be 3 pages, excluding the title page and references page)
- iCARE components are:
- C ompassion
- A dvocacy
- R esilience
- E vidence-Based Practice (EBP)
- How could you contribute to an interprofessional team and patient outcomes through nursing actions of: compassion, advocacy, resilience, and evidence-based practice?
- Select one scholarly nursing article from CINAHL as a resource for your paper.
- Additional scholarly sources can be used but are optional.
- When searching in the CINAHL database, please limit your search word to one component of the paper you wish to emphasize, such as ‘Resilience’. Searching for the term iCARE will not produce the results you need.
- Elements of iCARE paper
- Title page
- Below are the headings to be used for this assignment.
- Introduction: (No heading needed here in APA) Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present. If interprofessional teams are present, indicate a team function that could be improved. If interprofessional teams are NOT present, indicate what type of team you think might be possible in the setting.
- Describe a nursing action item for each component below that could contribute to: interprofessional team support; how this might impact the culture of your unit or organization; and possible impact on patient outcomes.
- Evidence-Based Practice
- Summary: Include a summary statement of how iCARE components can support interprofessional teams and patient outcomes. Address how you may be able to influence this process of support for interprofessional teams overall in your unit or organization.
- References: List any references used in APA format.