I don’t understand this Social Science question and need help to study.
Annotated bibliographies are collections on reference/sources that focus on one theme. Usually they are constructed as part of research and used to inform and remind the writer of what the various sources contain. They also evaluate the sources for their usefulness to a project you’re gathering resources for.
There are many benefits to knowing how and why to create an annotated bibliography including;
1. Learning how to read and evaluate a source critically
2. Developing the ability to summarize and evaluate sources in brief
3. Learning how to create correct citations
4. Developing an understanding of how to collect sources and to provide useful notes for later reference
Annotated bibliographies can take various forms, but all have the purpose of gathering sources, building full bibliographic citations, and summarizing the source.
Each source that is listed and summarized in the bibliography is called an entry. Do not confuse “bibliography” with “works cited”. In APA the works cited goes at the end of your research writing and only includes the sources you’ve cited in your work. A bibliography contains sources both used and consulted for a project (not necessarily only those cited in the work). An interesting point to note is that annotated bibliographies can also contain entries for sources you will NOT use in a final piece–as in, you’ve evaluated the source and have determined it is not a good one to use for the project you’re working on. By giving yourself notes to consult later you can prevent yourself from accidentally reviewing the same source twice and/or you can alert others who do similar research (in your view) the source has some flaws.
EXAMPLE of a SAMPLE Annotated Bibliography
1. Research Question ******What are some interventions a human service worker can suggest in Washington DC to help a substance abuser prevent HIV/AIDS.****************************** APA Format
your instructor should not have to search for your research question, it should be CLEARLY identified.
Narrowing a topic – Identifying Research Question (Links to an external site.)
2. Identify three references that might be appropriate for your research question. One reference needs to be an academic article from the library database (use “Find it” to locate your library resource). The other two references can be websites or other non library sources.
Selecting Key Words for your Search (Links to an external site.)
Find It – HCC Database Tutorial (Links to an external site.)
Find it – HCC Database Link (Links to an external site.)
3. Make sure your references (above) are in APA
Citing Basics (Links to an external site.)
APA format tutorial (Links to an external site.)
4. For each reference, provide a two paragraph summary. Summaries are what the source/reference is about or what the author covers in the writing. It does NOT include a lot of details. However, summaries should include;
-Does the source pass the CRAPP test? Summarize
-Thesis and conclusion the author draws (one paragraph)
-How relevant is this source for your research question? Be sure to clearly explain why this is a relevant source or not. Would you use this source for information related to your research question? (one paragraph)
Please feel free to review the sample annotated bibliography for examples of the summary (example attached above).
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more