Part 2: Multiple Choice Questions. Print the correct answer in the blank following the question .(20 questions at 2 points each, 40 points in all)
1. Match the following (and select the one (among the a., b., c., and d. choices below that has the right set of matches):
A. Network Layer is 1. Responsible for coordinating communication between applications.
B. Physical Layer is 2. Responsible for supporting useful functions over the transport layer such identity/location of applications.
C. Application Layer is 3. Responsible for moving information between hosts that are not directly connected.
D. Transport Layer is 4. Responsible for moving bits between the nodes in the network.
a. A—>3; B—>4; C—>2; D—>1
b. A—>2; B—>4; C—>1; D—>4
c. A—>2; B—>3; C—>4; D—>1
d. A—>3; B—>4; C—>1; D—>2
2. Protection of a software program that uses a unique, novel algorithm could legally be protected by:
a. A patent
b. A copyright
c. A trademark
d. Ethical standards
3. Security threats include which of the following:
a. Unlocked doors
b. Disgruntled employees
d. Un-patched software programs
e. All of the above
4. Denial of service attacks include:
a. Buffer overflow attack
b. Smurf attack
c. Ping flood attack
d. SYN flood attack
e. All of the above
5. A disgruntled employee creates a utility for purging old emails from the server. Inside the utility is code that that will erase the server’s hard drive contents on January 1, 2015. This is an example of which of the following attacks?
b. Logic Bomb
d. Trojan horse
6. Mary is the cofounder of Acme Widgets, a manufacturing firm. Together with her partner, Joe, she has developed a special oil that will dramatically improve the widget manufacturing process. Mary and Joe plan to make large quantities of the oil by themselves in the plant after the other workers have left to keep the formula secret. They would like to protect this formula for as long as possible. What type of intellectual property protection best suits their needs?
d. Trade Secret
7. You should clear cookies in your browser periodically because:
a. They (Cookies) can be used to track your web browsing behavior and thus can invade your privacy.
b. They can facilitate impersonation attacks.
c. They can be used to spread viruses
d. a.& b.
e. b. & c.
f. a., b. & c.
8. A TCP/IP session hijacking can be best described as:
Providing false identity information to gain unauthorized access
An established connection without specifying a username or password
An attacker takes control of a session between the server and a client
Flooding the connection with too many requests
9. Tracker attacks in databases get around:
b. Data transformation
c. Query size restriction
d. Data partitioning
10. A race condition attack can result in:
a. A symbolic link
b. Object orientation
c. A deadlock
d. Access to low address memory locations
11. __________ is when the data in the SDB can be modified so as to produce statistics that cannot be used to infer values for individual record resource.
a. Data perturbation
b. Database access control
c. Inference channeling
d. Output perturbation
12. With __________ the records in the database are clustered into a number of mutually exclusive groups and the user may only query the statistical properties of each group as a whole.
d. query restriction
13. A web session (i.e., a session between a web browser and a web server) can be protected against the risk of eavesdropping in an economical and convenient manner through the use of which of the following?
b. Hypertext transfer protocol over secure socket layer
c. Link encryption
d. Microsoft Encrypting File System (EFS)
14. While reviewing the security logs for your server, you notice that a user on the Internet has attempted to access one of your internal application servers. Although it appears that the user’s attempts were unsuccessful, you are still very concerned about the possibility that your systems may be compromised. Which of the following solutions are you most likely to implement?
a. A firewall system at the connection point to the Internet
b. An improved RBAC-based access control system for the application servers
c. File-level encryption
d. Kerberos authentication
15. What specific policy might most likely recommend removing a server from the network and re-installing all software and data?
An authentication policy
An incident response policy
Wireless network access policy
16. The security risk of allowing dynamic content ( to execute) on a target machine is:
a. The time delay from when it is downloaded and executed could make the browser experience not very satisfying.
b. Malware may be included in the downloaded code and infect the target machine.
c. The mobile code author may never be known.
d. None of the above.
17. Encrypting a message with a private key (of the sender) in an asymmetric system provides:
a. Proof of receipt
c. Proof of origin
d. Message availability
18. The upper layers of the OSI model are in correct order in the following:.
a. Session, application, presentation
b. Session, presentation, application
c. Session, application, presentation, physical
d. Application, presentation, session, physical
19. In relational database parlance, the basic building block is a __________, which is a flat table.
c. primary key
20. Routers operate at the _____________ of the OSI stack?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more