INDIVIDUAL TOPIC SEARCH STRATEGY (ITSS) GUIDELINES
· The purpose of this initial paper is to briefly describe your search strategies when identifying an articles that pertain to an evidence-based practice topic of interest.
· Each student will sign-up for a group to formulate an evidence-based practice topic of interest
(My topic is Interventions to promote social interactions in children with autistic disorder spectrum)
· Each group will formulate research question using PICO format.
P: Children with autistic disorder
I: Play therapy
C: no therapy, no intervention
O: increase social behaviors
· Each group member will search, retrieve, and receive approval for 1 PRIMARY DATA ARTICLE to answer the group Research Question.
(I will attached the article for you to use my professor already approved it)
· Paper should include a Title and Reference pages.
· Page Length: 3-4 pages Excluding Title and Reference pages
· PAPER FORMAT
Research Question- Describe problem
· Accurately and clearly states your research question using PICO format
· P: Children with autistic disorder
· I: Play therapy
· C: no therapy, no intervention
· O: increase social behaviors
Overview of the Problem- Overview/Significance of problem in terms of outcomes or statistics
· What statistics document this is a problem? (facts and figures)
Significance of the Problem-
· What statistic document this is a problem?
· What health outcomes result from this problem. Why should people be concerned about this problem?
Purpose of Paper:
The purpose of this paper is to describe search strategies to find evidence in supporting our groups PICO question.
· List all terms used to search for your article (i.e. breast cancer, screening, mammography, intervention, assessment, influencing factors….etc.)
(I used autism, social behavior, and therapy)
· List Chamberlain library database used (i.e. EBSCO, Medline, OVID, PubMed….etc.)
· Google search engine is NOT the library database
(I used EBSCO)
Availability of Articles
· How many research articles were available to answer your research question?
· Provide numbers of articles, NOT just saying “plenty, sufficient, many…etc.
· What decision(s) have changed from your original search strategies? (i.e. peer-review, within last 5 years, primary data article, full-text….etc.)
· As you did your search, what decisions did you make in refinement to get your required articles down to a reasonable number for review?
· What was your rationale for your decision to change from original search strategies?
· Describe decisions you made to specifically select 1 PRIMARY DATA ARTICLE as relevant for answering your Research Question
Level of Evidence
Addresses Topic/Relevance to PICO
· Describe how article addresses the topic, purpose and key points
Evidence Level Pyramid
· Identify and describe the level of evidence based on Evidence Level/Hierarchy Pyramid
· Refers to Handout (Quick Guide to Designs in an Evidence Hierarchy)
· Identify study type of article: Quantitative, Qualitative, or Mixed-Method Study
§ Use of headings for each section
§ Use of APA format (7th edition)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more