A hands on review–I expect your application of concepts review to be approximately 2 – 3 pages; to include references from the APUS Library system (failure to include such references will detract from your grade on the assignment), and that the paper be written in proper grammar/spelling. The intention of this assignment is to apply the concepts to real world situations. Write well–Do your best work.
Use and refer to all the concepts in our readings as well as the APUS library this week to effectively answer this question. Be sure to cite your work!
Southwest Airlines: Staying Ahead in the Pricing Game
This assignment examines why Southwest Airlines was by all measures the most successful airline in the U.S. Southwest had devised a business model based on low costs and low prices. But that model also included very reliable and personable service. With such a winning combination, its no wonder that Southwest consistently did what no other airline company could: it turned a profit.
When something works, you stick with it. Southwest did just that, changing its strategy very little. But all good things come to an end. As market conditions began to change, it became very apparent that Southwest would not be able to maintain its advantage based on the same model it had been employing. So in 2004, Gary Keller, the newly crowned CEO, made some very significant changes to Southwest’s game plan.
This case outlines that nature of Southwest original business plan as well as the changes implemented during and after 2004. In both cases, the focus is on how Southwest implemented pricing policy. The contrast provides an excellent opportunity for students to consider whether or not the changes are changes in the right direction.
1. What has been Southwest’s traditional pricing strategy? Why has this pricing strategy been so successful throughout the airline’s first three decades?
2. What values do airline customers-both business and leisure travelers-seek when they buy air travel tickets? Has Southwest done a better job than competitors of meeting the needs of these air travelers? In what ways?
3. What internal and external factors affect airline pricing decisions? What impact are these factors now having on airline pricing and profitability?
4. What is Southwest’s current pricing strategy? Does his strategy differentiate Southwest from its competitors? Is the strategy sustainable?
5. What marketing recommendations, including pricing recommendations, would you make to Southwest as it moves into the next decade?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more