MGT 550 Week 8 Chapter 10 Quiz
1. When organizations are successful, the values, ideas, and practices that helped attain success become institutionalized.
2. Which of the following is a characteristic of values-based leaders?
a.They are consistently ethical in their public lives but unethical in their private lives.
b.They put effort into maintaining positive interpersonal relationships.
c.They put company interests above ethics.
d.They punish the subordinates for their mistakes and failures.
3. _____ involves employee disclosure of illegal, immoral, or illegitimate practices on the part of the organization.
4. Which of the following rites in an organization creates common bonds and good feelings among employees and increases commitment to the organization?
a.Rite of renewal
b.Rite of degradation
c.Rite of enhancement
d.Rite of integration
5. In a mission culture, managers shape behavior by envisioning and communicating a desired future state for the organization.
6. _____ refers to organizational policies and practices that both enhance the economic success of a company and advance the economic and social conditions of the communities in which the company operates.
7. Issuing an authoritative directive can impact an organization’s value system in a great manner.
8. Which of the following is not true of managers in non-constructive cultures?
a.They are comfortable with the status quo.
b.They care mainly about themselves.
c.They tend to be isolated and bureaucratic.
d.They care deeply about stakeholders.
9. An ethics committee is a cross-functional group of executives who oversee company ethics.
10. A code of ethics is a formal statement of the company’s values concerning ethics and social responsibility.
11. Culture is a set of written rules and norms to guide an organization.
12. Most ethics offices have confidential _____ that employees can use to seek guidance as well as report questionable behavior.
13. Legends are accurate representations of true events.
14. In an organization that follows the mission culture, bonuses and promotions are based on seniority rather than performance.
15. In large organizations, culture is always uniform throughout the organization.
16. Which of the following is the purpose of holding rites and ceremonies in an organization?
a.To provide dramatic examples of what a company values
b.To help the growth of sales and improve the profit margin
c.To provide employees with moral guidance
d.To ensure the abolition of competitors
17. Most Internet-based companies use the adaptability type of culture.
18. Which of the following is true of organizational culture?
a.It is initially expressed by the low-level managers.
b.It cannot help an organization adapt to the external environment.
c.It provides people with a sense of identity.
d.It is invariant with time and change in leadership.
19. Which of the following does the mission culture emphasize?
a.The involvement and participation of the organization’s members
b.A consistency orientation for a stable environment
c.A clear vision of the organization’s purpose
d.The rapidly changing expectations from the external environment
20. Companies that favor fast growth and short-term profits over ethics are generally more successful in the long run.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more