Problem: You work as a spreadsheet specialist for Katie’s Kicks, which has four regional shops in the state of Florida. Your manager has asked you to develop a first quarter revenue analysis similar to the one shown in Figure 1–75.
Perform the following tasks:
1. Run Excel and create a new blank workbook. Enter the worksheet title, Katie’s Kicks, in cell A1 and the worksheet subtitle, First Quarter Revenue Analysis, in cell A2. Beginning in row 4, enter the region data shown in Table 1– 7
Sneakers Shoes Sandals Accessories Miscellaneous
North South East West
Sneakers 72714.58 45052.23 77630.94 65423.73
Shoes 77627.29 69165.66 78684.24 77690.69
Sandals 76607.31 76243.41 56601.25 58383.67
Accessories 49008.32 84844.01 72716.68 54433.07
Miscellaneous 55666.92 78618.97 47317.09 68594.40
2. Create totals for each region, product, and company grand total.
3. Format the worksheet title with the Title cell style. Center the title across columns A through F.
4. Format the worksheet subtitle to 16-point Calibri Light, and change the font color to Blue-
Gray, Text 2. Center the subtitle across columns A through F.
5. Use Cell Styles to format the range A4:F4 with the Heading 3 cell style, the range B4:F4 with
the Accent1 cell style, and the range A10:F10 with the Total cell style.
6. Center the column titles in row 4. Apply the accounting number format to the ranges B5:F5 and
B10:F10. Apply the comma style format to the range B6:F9. Adjust any column widths to the
widest text entry in each column.
7. Select the ranges B4:E4 and B10:E10 and then insert a 3-D pie chart. Apply the Style 3 chart
style to the chart. Move the chart to a new worksheet named Revenue Analysis Chart. Change
the chart title to First Quarter Revenue Analysis.
8. Rename the Sheet1 tab, First Quarter, and apply the Green color to the sheet tab.
9. If requested by your instructor, change the font color of the text in cells A1 and A2 to the color
of the shirt you currently are wearing.
10. Save the workbook using the file name, Lab 1-1 Katie’s Kicks.
11. Preview and print the worksheet in landscape orientation.
12. If you wanted to chart the item totals instead of the regions, which ranges would you use to
create the chart?
13. Submit the assignment as specified by your instructor.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more