1. In class we wrote a MapReduce program in Java to compute the word counts for any given input. In this assignment, you will repeat solving the same problem but using Hadoop streaming.
2. Create two scripts in Python namely wordcount_map.py and wordcount_reduce.py to be used by the mappers and reducers of the streaming job.
3. Your script files must be executable (consider chmod command), and must include the necessary shebang (like in the attached script files).
4. Attached are the script files we used in class to demonstrate Hadoop streaming, namely: maxtemp_map.py and maxtemp_reduce.py. They can help you to get started.
5. Recall the streaming command:
$ mapred streaming
(extra options: -combiner, -numReduceTasks, etc.)
MaxTemperature Example file is the program file discussed in Class.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more