(Assignment need in 3 hours) help plz
Columbia Pizza has one oven that can make a whole pie in about 10 minutes. Their late-night business among hungry college students is booming, and from 9 pm – 11 pm, they average 8 pie orders per hour. However, from 5 pm – 9 pm, they average only 5 pie orders per hour. Both order rates can be assumed arrive according to a Poisson distribution.
The owner of Columbia Pizza has discovered that if people have to wait for more than 20 minutes from when they get in the door to when they receive their pie, they are likely to simply go next door to University Falafel, meaning that Columbia Pizza would lose out on their $10 sale.
The owner is thinking of buying a second pizza oven and register (e.g. a second channel) that he thinks would cost $75 per night to operate (for the sake of our example, that is both the amortized cost of the oven and the pay of the person who is taking orders for the six hours that the pizza shop is open).
Answer each of the questions below. You must show all work. Be sure to highlight your final answer and when asked, please be sure to justify your response.
1. If Columbia Pizza buys a second oven, calculate the following for the 5-9 shift and the 9-11 shift
1. Average # of orders in the system
2. Average time order spends in the system (minutes)
3. Average # of orders in the queue
4. Average waiting time in the queue (minutes)
2. Assuming all customers are able to be served, what is the total maximum revenue opportunity for Columbia Pizza?
3. In order to achieve the 20 minute total time from door to when they receive their pie, assuming two ovens are available, what is the total revenue opportunity?
4. Calculate the average daily loss of sales to University Falafel.
5. Based on your calculations, should Columbia Pizza buy the second oven? Why? What is the net financial impact?
6. Assume now that an improvement in the pizza making process results in the time to make pizzas being reduced to 6 minutes/pizza. How does this change your recommendation in #9 (note: no change in order demand)? Please describe.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more