CLC – Evidence-Based Practice Project: Intervention Presentation on Diabetes
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
As a group, identify a research or evidence-based article published within the last 5 years that focuses comprehensively on a specific intervention or new treatment tool for the management of diabetes in adults or children. The article must be relevant to nursing practice.
Create a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation on the study’s findings and how they can be used by nurses as an intervention. Include speaker notes for each slide and additional slides for the title page and references.
Include the following:
1. Describe the intervention or treatment tool and the specific patient population used in the study.
2. Summarize the main idea of the research findings for a specific patient population. The research presented must include clinical findings that are current, thorough, and relevant to diabetes and nursing practice.
3. Provide a descriptive and reflective discussion of how the new tool or intervention can be integrated into nursing practice. Provide evidence to support your discussion.
4. Explain why psychological, cultural, and spiritual aspects are important to consider for a patient who has been diagnosed with diabetes. Describe how support can be offered in these respective areas as part of a plan of care for the patient. Provide examples.
You are required to cite to a minimum of two sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
1. Article – The article is published in the last 5 years, has a focus on an intervention or treatment tool for managing diabetes in adults or children. The article has direct application to nursing practice. 5pts
2. Intervention or Treatment Tool and Specific Patient Population of Study – A thorough description of the intervention or treatment tool and the specific patient population used in the study is presented. 5pts
3. Summary of Article – A thorough summary of the article is presented. The summary accurately presents the main idea for a specific patient population and the clinical findings, and clearly illustrates relevance to diabetes and nursing practice. 15pts
4. Inclusion of the Psychological, Cultural, and Spiritual Aspects – A compelling explanation for why the psychological, cultural and spiritual aspects is important to consider for a patient who has been diagnosed with diabetes is presented. The explanation is well-developed and contains strong reasoning and rationale for support. 15pts
5. Presentation of Content – The content is written clearly and concisely. Ideas universally progress and relate to each other. The project includes motivating questions and advanced organizers. The project gives the audience a clear sense of the main idea. 40pts
6. Layout – The layout is visually pleasing and contributes to the overall message with appropriate use of headings, subheadings, and white space. Text is appropriate in length for the target audience and to the point. The background and colors enhance the readability of the text. 5pts
7. Language Use and Audience Awareness (includes sentence construction, word choice, etc.) – The writer uses a variety of sentence constructions, figures of speech, and word choice in distinctive and creative ways that are appropriate to purpose, discipline, and scope 5pts
8. Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) – Writer is clearly in control of standard, written, academic English. 5pts
9. Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style) – Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error. 5pts
Total – 100pts
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more