You will need Minitab for this project. I will also post the excel file that you will need for this project below. All the questions should have a good narrative and pictures from the Minitab.
I will send you an excel file. The data can be copied to Minitab as it is and then you cal solve it through Minitab.All the stepwise instructions are below. I can also send you the lectures if you need more help.
1. Incorporate seasonal dummies and trends into your model. Identify if you have seasonality, trend by checking their significance? Is that consistent with your previous findings?
2. Check all your explanatory variables check for multicollinearity again (scatter plots, VIF, correlations). If you have a sign switch, correct the situation by throwing one (and if necessary more) of the variables out of the model. Consider R-squared or adj R-squared when making the decision. Your model should ONLY have variables with a correct sign that have the highest combined adj-R-squared.
3. Using the scatter plots you generated, identify any nonlinear relationships between Y and X variables.
Try to correct nonlinearity through transformation (page 233-237). If it works, keep the transformed version of the variable. Otherwise, use the original variable, acknowledge the nonlinearity and move on to the next test. Use 2 different transformations (ex: Log X, 1/X, X^2 or SQRT(X)).
4. Once you correct for nonlinearity and multicollinearity, check for autocorrelation using the DW test. Do you have autocorrelation? Correct for autocorrelation if you have any. (HINT: You may have to check for sign switch again)
5. Once you corrected for all possible problems, analyze the resulting residuals (4-in-11 plot in MINITAB)
6. Once you have your final model, use the forecasted X values (in PP2) and forecast your Y variable for 10 periods. Beware: if you transformed any variables, you may have to adjust your forecasts.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more