RUA: Ethical Dilemma Assignment Guidelines
Scenario: A 15‐year‐old with end stage cancer refusing chemotherapy
1. Description of the dilemma
• Performs preliminary research on the assigned ethical dilemma and describes the dilemma. Clearly identifies both positions grounded in scholarly literature. Included statistical significance to Pediatric nursing.
2. Ethical Principles and ANA Code of Ethics Provisions (2)
• Determines the ethical principles that apply to each position, possible conflicts in principles, and components of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply using three (3) Provisions. Supports ideas with scholarly literature.
3. Resources to resolve the dilemma
• Describes resources to resolve the dilemma and describes how each resource could help to resolve the dilemma. Supports ideas with scholarly literature.
4. Possible outcomes and plan for resolving the issue
• Discusses possible outcomes of both positions. Presents a plan for resolving the issue (for patient, family and the nurse). Supports ideas with scholarly literature.
Team Presentation -50 points/50%
•Description of the dilemma is clear and includes statistical significance to Pediatric nursing.
•Both positions of the dilemma are presented crediting supporting scholarly sources.
•Appropriate ethical principle(s) to support each position are used.
•Consideration of which, if any, ethical principles are in conflict with the opposing positions.
•Three (3) provisions of the ANA Code of Ethics that apply to the ethical dilemma are used.
•Present all pertinent resources available to resolve the dilemma.
•Explain how resources could help in resolving the dilemma.
•Discuss possible outcomes of each position
•Present a plan for resolving the issue. Team PowerPoint Presentation – 15 points/15%
.•Citations included for each section
PowerPoint includes sections for:
o Dilemma description Statistical significance
o Ethical principles
o Applicable ANA Code of Ethics Provisions
o Resources to resolve dilemma
o Potential outcomes of the dilemma
o Plan for resolving the dilemma
o Key Points
Speaker Notes – 20 points/20%
•At least one nursing resource
APA citations throughout.
•At least two (2) nursing, peer reviewed, primary sources from the last 5 years, excluding the textbook used to support work.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more