Assignment: Final Project
The sign of an effective clinician is the ability to identify the criteria that distinguish the diagnosis from any other possibility (otherwise known as a differential diagnosis). An ambiguous clinical diagnosis can lead to a faulty course of treatment and hurt the client more than it helps. In this Assignment, using the DSM-5 and all of the skills you have acquired to date, you assess a client.
This is a culmination of learning from all the weeks covered so far.
To prepare: Use a differential diagnosis process and analysis of the Mental Status Exam in the case of Sandra to determine if the case meets the criteria for a clinical diagnosis.
Submit a 1000-word paper in which you:
· Provide the full DSM-5 diagnosis. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may need clinical attention).
· Explain the full diagnosis, matching the symptoms of the case to the criteria for any diagnoses used.
· Identify 3 of the close differentials that you considered for the case and have ruled out. Concisely explain why these conditions were considered but eliminated.
· Identify the assessments you recommend to validate treatment. Explain the rationale behind choosing the assessment instruments to support, clarify, or track treatment progress for the diagnosis.
· Explain your recommendations for initial resources and treatment. Use scholarly resources to support your evidence-based treatment recommendations.
· Explain how you took cultural factors and diversity into account when making the assessment and recommending interventions.
· Identify client strengths, and explain how you would utilize strengths throughout treatment.
· Identify specific knowledge or skills you would need to obtain to effectively treat this client, and provide a plan on how you will do so.
To submit your completed Assignment for review and grading, do the following:
– Master Degree Level
– Ultra-High Quality
Must be Original Work and contain at least 4 references and citations. Must reference the following:
Morrison, J. (2014). Diagnosis made easier (2nd ed.). New York, NY: Guilford Press.
American Psychiatric Association. (2013r). Substance related and addictive disorders. In Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Arlington, VA: Author. doi:10.1176/appi.books.9780890425596.dsm16
Capuzzi, D., & Stauffer, M. D. (2016). Foundations of addictions counseling (3rd ed.). New York, NY: Pearson Education, Inc.
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Service Administration (SMHSA). https://www.samhsa.gov/
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more