Discussion: Social Change Through Legislation
The repercussions of addiction are among the most pressing health and social issues worldwide. Although billions of dollars are spent annually in the United States attacking the problem, public policies on funding have yet to be agreed upon and remain controversial. The controversy revolves around which public policies best deter addiction: those that criminalize acts associated with the disorder or those that treat the disorder (Doweiko, 2019).
Given the ever-changing nature of legislation, it is important to stay informed about the most current reforms and public policies that may promote social changes in addiction treatment.
For this Discussion, search the Internet and select current legislation as it relates to reform and social change for the treatment and prevention of addiction. Your search may include the following types of legislation.
Consider how federal and Ohio legislation has addressed addiction treatment and prevention. Research, review, and reflect on your professional code of ethics and how social legislation impacts an addiction professional’s ability to adhere to the code.
Provide a 400-word Discussion Post providing the following content:
– A description of which type of legislation might be the most effective in bringing about lasting social change for the treatment and prevention of addiction and explain why.
– Explain how social change legislation might support or undermine the professional code of ethics.
– Finally, explain the potential implications for a helping professional.
– Support your response using this week’s resources and the current literature. Must contain at least 4 references and citations
Note: To access this week’s required library resources, please click on the link to the Course Readings List, found in the Course Materials section of your Syllabus.
Doweiko, H. E. (2019). Concepts of chemical dependency (10th ed.). Stamford, CT: Cengage.
· Chapter 27, “The Substance Use Disorders As a Disease of the Human Spirit” (pp. 376-388)
· Chapter 35, “Support Groups to Promote and Sustain Recovery” (pp. 493-505)
· Chapter 38, “The Debate Over Legalization” (pp. 543-555)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more