Statesmanship and Reform Analysis Paper
Discuss the key statesmanship principles needed to reform a nation. It consists of 3 parts (below). These sections must be discussed in the order presented above and with appropriate headings
· Part 1: a) An introduction including a thesis statesman. b) A summarization of biblical principles of government, leadership, and statesmanship relevant to reforming a nation and fighting injustice (1–1.5 pages);
· Part 2: An application of those principles to the decisions and actions of William Wilberforce, Frederick Douglass, Susan B. Anthony, and Martin Luther King, Jr. (1-1.5 pages) and
· Part 3: Application of the statesmanship principles discussed in parts 1 and 2 to one germane issue in a contemporary context (1-2 pages). (The application is not a full blown case study as you read in Newell. The application links the principles and in Part 2 to a similar situation today.
In Part 2, remember to provide specific evidence (i.e., actions taken and decisions made) to explain how these leaders demonstrated the various attributes and principles discussed in Part 1. In doing all of this, keep in mind the following:
1) While statesmanship is certainly about personal leadership skills, moral attributes, and vision, it must also include an understanding of how government actually works and should be structured. There are plenty of nice, honorable people who care for others but who do not possess an understanding of the inter-workings of government and the required structure needed for a government designed to figh injustice, prevent exploitation, and limit tyranny, particularly in reforming a nation.
2) Thus, your discussion must include a conversation about the type of understanding needed by a statesman as it relates to government structure.
3) Your discussion must also focus on those statesmanship principles needed specifically for reforming a nation. It could be that different statesmanship principles are needed for these different contexts. Therefore, make sure you are thinking specifically about the challenges of creating a nation based upon justice and liberty for this assignment.
4) A Conclusion
· 3-6 pages, not including the title page or references page
· Citations from:
· 3–5 outside scholarly sources
· Any Leadership and Statesmanship article
· Newell, T. Statesmanship, Character, and Leadership in America. New York, NY: Palgrave Macmillan, (2012).
· Vaughan, David J. Statesmanship and Saint: The Principleed and Politics of William Wilberforce. Nashville, Tennessee: Cumberland House Publishing Inc. (2002)..
Due: Thursday August 4, 2016 at 8:00 p.m. (ET)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more