OVERVIEW Your major project is your proposal for a 40–60 minute teaching session primarily incorporating the following:
Higher-order thinking skills
Active learning strategies
Adult learning theory (andragogy)
During this first week of class you will suggest a topic for your proposed teaching session. You will not actually present a teaching demonstration but will simply propose what you would do. Nonetheless, the project is extensive and will require doctoral level thought and effort.
INSTRUCTIONS As you consider possible topics, use the following as guides:
1. Envision a graduate level class which means to us that you’ll primarily emphasize the higher levels of thought (we’ll review Bloom’s Taxonomy and Anderson and Krathwohl’s revision of Bloom) rather than just sharing information. Many of your earlier assignments will emphasize that focus.
2. Choose a topic with which you have experience, or have a high level of interest.
3. Since your presentation is for just one class session, you’ll need to narrow your focus. In 40-60 minutes, at a graduate level depth, you will not cover all of attachment theory, for instance, but you may be able to focus on one aspect of attachment theory (and analyze, or evaluate that aspect at a high level).
4. Choose a topic that is counseling related—counseling theory, popular/controversial counseling therapies (for example, individual emotion-focused therapy), a particular population (for example, eating disorders, childhood physical and sexual abuse, etc.), a particular area of the counseling field (for example, assessment, psychopathology, developmental counseling, or multicultural counseling), topics in addiction counseling, marriage/family counseling, etc. General “counseling” areas such as life coaching could also be considered but your professor will help you ensure that your topic leads to a graduate level experience. Whatever you choose, you’ll have to narrow your focus to cover the topic in-depth for a graduate level audience. Review topics you encountered in your counseling-related graduate study and you’ll find numerous options. Your professor can add ideas if you get stuck. Your topic needs to have a strong foundation of scholarly research as expected in graduate study.
5. Write a paragraph that you will submit. In the paragraph, briefly explain your idea and provide a rationale for choosing the topic. At this point, you will have only a general idea of your focus in your final teaching proposal and the essential elements (highlighted above) will become more clear as you master the content from the class texts, videos, and supplemental documents. Keep in mind that you will not primarily share information in your proposed lesson (this is not a lecture proposal) but you will take your students through active learning activities, emphasizing higher-order thought, and incorporating adult learning principles. What you choose as your topic is very important since all subsequent assignments build on this topic, so give it adequate consideration.
Note: Your assignment will be checked for originality via the Turnitin plagiarism tool.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more