Case Study Analysis and Findings
The final assignment for this course is a Case Study Analysis and Findings. The purpose of the Case Study Analysis and Findings is for you to utilize the knowledge and skills developed in this course to evaluate the psychological methods and theoretical models of criminal behavior as well as the police psychology and the psychological aspects of all participants in the criminal justice process relative to a specific criminal episode. An overview of forensic psychology as it relates to the criminal justice process should be included.
This course has addressed issues of psychological theory and practice relative to the functioning of the criminal justice system. These impacts range from the offender, to law enforcement and investigations, to practices and legalities of law in the courtroom, to the participation and impact of victims and witnesses, and to treatment and sentencing rendered in the correctional environment. Research continues regarding the biological, genetic, psychological, and social impacts on mental health and resulting behavior. These findings will continue to find their way into the legal implications of the psychological influences on behavior.
The focus of your Case Study Analysis and Findings paper will be based, in large part, on the weekly assignments you completed throughout the course. In each of the weekly assignments, you address a particular aspect of the overall criminal case and offender that you selected in Week One.
· In the Week One Literature Review assignment, you provide the resources necessary for each phase of your final analysis and findings.
· In the Week Two Case Summary and Offender Profile assignment, you provide an analysis of the behavior of the offender relative to the psychological history and evaluation of the offender.
· In the Week Three Investigative Psychology assignment, you provide an analysis of the behavior of the investigators including the analysis of the crime scene. This assignment also describes the psychological, behavioral, environmental, and cognitive factors that influence the investigation, including intervention strategies to reduce the impact of stress on law enforcement.
· In the Week Four Legal Psychology and Victimization assignment, you provide a discussion on the role of the psychological profile of the offender and the victims have on the presentation of evidence in court, including the analysis of legal psychology as it is implemented in the criminal justice process.
· Finally, in the Week Five Psychological Treatment in Correctional Settings assignment, you provide a discussion on the impacts the psychological make–up of offenders have on the functional responsibilities of incarceration facilities and how the biases and assumptions of correctional service providers influence their assessment of and interaction with these offenders.
Utilizing your research and analyses completed for the Weeks One through Five assignments, consider the psychological methods and theoretical models of criminal behavior as well as the police psychology and the psychological aspects of all participants in the criminal justice process relative to the specific criminal episode selected in Week One. Present your findings within the continuing context of the endogenous and exogenous theories of criminal behavior and the analysis of how our biases and assumptions influence our assessments of individuals. Correlate these to the cultural-based behavior patterns that may be specific to certain segments of the population with an evaluation of the potential impact and intervention strategies that may be utilized to reduce the impact of stress on law enforcement personnel.
In your Final Research Paper
· Evaluate the theory of criminal behavior related to the selected case.
· Analyze the biases and assumptions that influenced participants in the case process.
· Address each of these participants:
o Defense attorney(s)
· Analyze the role the psychological profile of the offender played in how the investigation was conducted and in any subsequent court proceedings.
· Discuss the impact of Ted Bundy’s case on future actions and ideology of the criminal justice system relative to the psychological issues presented (or denied) in this case.
The Final Research Paper
· Must be seven double–spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
oTitle of paper
oCourse name and number
· Must use at least eight reliable and scholarly sources in addition to the course texts.
· Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
· Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more