This outline topic is on Violence (Guns)
Instructions: Outline format, Create a Policy, Subtitles only, and Paragraph form
1. Discussion of the social need/condition, including problem legitimization, policy introduction, values and self-interest, causal theory, and consequences of social problem (Section #1 is worth 30 points total):
A. Problem Legitimization: An examination of how the problem or need was defined and documented (10 points)
· Definition of Social Problem
· Statistics/Data around prevalence/frequency of the social problem
· Who the social problem affects (note any patterns re: gender identity, race, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, etc.)
B. Policy Introduction: An explanation of your policy as it relates to your social problem (5 points)
· What is the policy and WHEN was the policy introduced/authorized?
· Why was the policy implemented?
C. Values and Self Interest: Discussion of how values and self-interest shaped the definition and documentation of the social problem and the policy itself.
· History of the problem and the values that contributed to the problem
· Social Work Values that influenced/help craft the policy of interest
D. Causal Theory: Discussion of one causal theory that has been developed based on the definition of the social problem (5 points)
· What theory is related to the social problem? What theory helps explain the problem?
E. Consequences of the Social Problem: The consequences that are ascribed to the social problem (5 points)
· What are the direct social and individual consequences of the social problem? (i.e., mortality consequences? Public health consequences? Economic/Financial consequences? Emotional/Mental Health consequences? Familial/Relational consequences? ETC!)
2. Policy analysis, including latent and manifest goals, benefits/services provided, eligibility and delivery systems, financing, and evaluation (section #2 is worth 30 points total)
A. Latent and manifest goals (10 points)
· What are the SPECIFIC goals (i.e., the manifest goals) of the policy you have chosen? (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE THE GOALS OR YOU WILL BE PENALIZED.)
· What are the secondary, perhaps unintentional goals (i.e., the latent goals) of the policy you have chosen? Did the policy you chose help/aid/benefit any other population outside of your specific interest?
B. Benefits and Services provided (15 points)
· What are the benefits of the policy for the population affected? (BE SPECIFIC!)
· What are the direct or indirect services that are provided to the population affected through the policy?
C. Eligibility and Delivery Systems (10 points)
· Who is eligible for the policy?
· How is the policy “delivered” or “rolled out?” (i.e., who oversees the policy? What delivery systems are in place for the policy?)
E. Evaluation and Recommendations (15 points)
· Is the policy, itself, strengths-based? How so?
· What would you change about the policy to make it more reflective of the strength-based approach and why?
Formatting – Formatting, Grammar, Syntax, etc. is worth a total of 20 points
A. APA format must be used – Refer to the APA Manual or Purdue OWL
B. 5-7 pages in length NOT including the title page or references
C. A minimum of 5 PEER-REVIEWED SOURCES must be used
D. Proper grammar and punctuation – Use Grammarly or the Writing Center on campus
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more