Required Assignment Topic
Select ONE of the Health Conditions or Health Behaviors for the focus of your assignment through the Healthy People 2030 link below:
https://health.gov/healthypeople/objectives-and-data/browse-objectives (Links to an external site.)
Note: You will use the same scenario you develop and the same mHealth app you identify in future assignments (Weeks 4 and 6).
Note: You will use the same scenario you develop and same mHealth app you identify here in future assignments (Week 4 and 6).
Requirements and Guidelines
- Download the required Milestone 1 Template (Links to an external site.). Save it to your computer with the file name: Your Last Name NR361 Milestone 1.docx.
- Write a patient scenario using the Required Assignment Topic.
- Make sure to include a Healthy People 2030 Health Condition or Health Behavior in the scenario for a patient with a desire to maintain or achieve good health and prevent illness and who could benefit from an already developed and reliable mHealth app.
- Choose a scholarly peer-reviewed journal article published within the last 5 years and related to the health condition or health behavior in your scenario. The Chamberlain Library is your best place to obtain this article. Cite this in APA 7th edition format in this section of the assignment. Please see your APA Manual or our APA resources (‘Crediting Sources Made Simple’) within the course to assist you with this citation format.
- Describe in detail the plan for teaching this patient in the scenario.
- Include the nurse’s assessment of learning needs and readiness to learn.
- Identify a mHealth app that could benefit the patient, considering the teaching/learning needs you identified.
- Describe the app including the mHealth app name, purpose, intended audience, mobile device(s) upon which it will operate, and where to download or obtain it. Add any other information you believe would be pertinent to this situation.
- Include a working link if it is to be downloaded from a website in the area indicated on the template.
- Make sure to add a citation for this mHealth app in APA format. The directions and example of how to cite a mobile app are located on page 340 of the APA Manual, 7th edition.
- At the end of the Milestone 1 Template there is a References page where you will list your 2 references. One will be the mHealth app reference (also on page 340, APA Manual) and the other will be your scholarly article reference.
- You are required to complete the Milestone 1 Template using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC. You must save the file in the “.docx” format. Do NOT save as Word Pad. A later version of the productivity tool includes Office 365, which is available to Chamberlain students for FREE by downloading from the student portal at http://my.chamberlain.edu (Links to an external site.)
- Carefully review the grading rubric criteria for Milestone 1 and type directly on your saved Milestone 1 Template. Be sure to delete the directions under the headings before submitting. The assignment paper should be approximately 2-3 pages, not counting the title page or References page.
- The instructor will score Milestone 1 and provide feedback and a clear statement regarding the required assignment topic:
- Accepted with revisions needed, OR
- Not accepted.
- If the Milestone 1 assignment needs revisions or is not accepted, the instructor will indicate if the student should communicate further revisions to the instructor. No additional points will be earned for revisions to Milestone 1 issue, but these revisions will greatly enhance success on later milestones.